Life is a funny thing…one moment you are living the dream and the next…the bottom is falling out from underneath you. Over the past several weeks, I have felt this way.
My work has been fantastic minus the little hiccups that befall all of us at some moment in time when we work in our day jobs. And then…there are the moments when you wake up and you wish you could reset the day like Groundhog Day until you get that magical blend of wonderfulness.
In the past month…
- Three friends have battled newly discovered cancer and had surgeries to remove it.
- The team I work with has moved nearly 200 people on our campus.
- I have started training for my first half-marathon.
- I have traveled nearly 5,000 miles via planes, trains and automobiles.
- I have finished a major work project that had me writing 12 month’s worth of material and we had one of those items translated into three different languages.
As you can see, life has certainly been a little crazy. Right now, I need to step back and re-calibrate my life and spend time re-charging my weary batteries. We are well into the second half of the year and I want to finish just as strong as I started.
To accomplish this, I need to…
- Re-Focus – I need to zero in on the one or two major goals remaining for the year and spend my time working to achieve these goals.
- Rest – I need to spend time in a place that is free of distraction and allows me time to journal, learn and grow.
- Re-Connect – I need to re-connect spiritually, emotionally and relationally to close friends for the mutual benefit of all of us.
- Reflect – I need to spend time reflecting on the past several months as well as spend time looking at the future. What have I learned? What do I want to accomplish? How do I want to grow? How do I want to be used by God?
I want to keep my life in perspective and on-purpose. To be honest, I have lost my way in some respect. It’s not an easy thing to admit or to share, but it is the truth. I have allowed work to become an escape and this is all part of the journey.
Living a life of balance involves re-calibrating our emotions, our expectations, our purpose and many other items. It is not failure when we re-calibrate our lives…it is a mid-course correction that helps us determine our path towards the future.
If you feel like your life needs some re-calibrating, consider the four ”R’s” to help you get back on track to living your life of purpose.
Question: Which of the “R’s” do you need to focus on in the next month. You can leave a comment by clicking here.
Don't Miss a Single Post!
Enter your email address to receive new content each week.