It’s been nearly a week since I turned thirty-eight and its official…I am now in my late thirties.
As I reflect on last year, here are a few highlights:
- I launched my first book – Cradle to the Grave – an introspective look at six cemeteries in Stephenson County, Illinois. This was an incredible project that took eight months to come to life. This process taught me the power of perseverance. For nearly four months this project sat dormant on my computer. After that time, I re-examined the pictures, the emotions and the stories behind the pictures. Cradle to the Grave allowed me to complete a project that had been a dream.
- I read forty-five (45) books from fiction to business to life-changing memoirs.
- I walked over 1.5 million steps in the past year with a high point of 31,000 steps and I could barely walk the next day.
- Backed a Kickstarter Project that will revolutionize our ownership of images on the web.
- Traveled all over the country working and visiting new places.
Last year is now in the rear view mirror and now I am looking forward to another year. I don’t want this year to be like all the other years. I want it to be EPIC! I have been so blessed over my lifetime and I want to see how God can use me to accomplish great things.
What does this look like?
Frankly, I’m not quite sure. I still want to read fifty (50) books, engage with thought leaders on leading workplace design and strategy, but I want to do something EPIC.
I think that my EPIC year will have elements of travel, health, writing and building a bridge to new design ideas.
This idea is still forming, but I do know that God tends to move me quickly into new opportunities and I am going to do my best to lean into these opportunities and grow from them.
Question: What EPIC things are you planning this year? I would love to hear from you can leave a comment by clicking here.
Don't Miss a Single Post!
Enter your email address to receive new content each week.