This week I attended Catalyst West with our youth pastor, worship pastor and his wife, our youth intern (who won Catalyst for life tickets) and 3500 of my closest friends. Here are a few nuggets I picked up from the great sessions:
“Do for one what you wish you could do for everyone.” — Andy Stanley
- “When you do for one, you often end up doing for more than just one.” — Andy Stanley
- To resonate, you need to find something in your audience where your message will resonate with them. Where the story sinks into their hearts and takes hold. — Nancy Duarte
“If you are not dead, you are not done!” — Craig Groeschel
- “Authenticity trumps cool every single time” — Craig Groeschel
- “Respect is earned. Honor is given.” — Craig Groeschel
“How could you be so disconnected from the people your trying to serve?” — Tony Hawk
- “Critics Math — 1000 compliments + 1 criticism = 1 criticism” — Jon Acuff
- “If you want to mess up your business, tie your success to your accomplishments.” — Jon Acuff
“The Father is always working!” — Brenda Salter McNeil
- “My life must not be a distraction.” — Brenda Salter McNeil
- “Sin is at the core of who we are.” – David Platt
- God hates sinners & gave us the cross. God loves sinners & gave us the cross. — David Platt
“Leadership in the Kingdom is the overflow of love from the King.” – David Platt
- “When we are scared we are not who God created us to be.” — Bob Goff
“We leave Jesus on people and they are not afraid anymore.” — Bob Goff
- “[Leaders] give you the truth even when it hurts.” — Marcus Buckingham
- Three Questions: — Marcus Buckingham
- Are my colleagues committed to quality work?
- Do I know what is expected of me at work?
- At work, do I have a chance to do what I do best everyday?
- “Your challenge is to take what is unique and make it useful.” — Marcus Buckingham
“Our environment shapes us. We shape our environment.” — Erwin McManus
- “Live with intention or someone else will tell you what your intention is.” — Erwin McManus
- “We need to be in the business of helping people find their intentionality.” — Erwin McManus
- “When people drink of me, do they taste water or wine? And if it is wine, is it the very best wine.” [Adapted from the story of Jesus turning water into wine at the wedding] — Erwin McManus
“We are created to connect with God and others.” — Donald Miller
- “We have reduced ourselves to ego connections.” — Donald Miller
- “When the people in your congregation are engulfed in the love of Christ, you will no longer be in control.” — Donald Miller
If you went to Catalyst West, what were some of you nuggets?
Don't Miss a Single Post!
Enter your email address to receive new content each week.