Week One of BlogX is complete, and I have survived. That means that I have 83 days remaining as part of this new program. Each exercise that John gives us is designed to grow our writing ability as well as develop our blogging muscles.
Here are some thoughts from this first week of BlogX:
- Writing is Tough – it is easy to write when you are inspired, but I am learning the value of writing when I am not 100% passionate. It is more about the exercise of writing than the message at times.
- Photographic Inspiration – I am inspired by the photos I see and the photographs that I take. I have learned that I can craft a story from a simple picture. More importantly, my photographs help define the stories that are shared here on this blog.
- Analytics Aren't Everything – I can often become discouraged when I see my pageviews and visitors drop; however, I have also learned that I can see a direct correlation between publishing everyday and my visitor traffic.
- Challenge & Accountability – Being a part of BlogX has added a new level of accountability to my publishing. Having a guide to help push and drive me to write everyday is been a huge help. I am also being challenged to work on other things of the blog that I have neglected – each element serving a key purpose to push me forward.
- Momentum – Once I get rolling with writing, the ideas begin to flow and after some time I realize that I have pumped out 300-400 words without even blinking. Yeah baby, now we're rolling!
The first week has been good, but finding time to do the “content blitz” as John suggests is tough for a Wednesday as those are my busiest days. I am going to have to find another day or restructure my daily schedule to accomodate the writing that I need to do.
I can't wait to see what we tackle next week!
Have you seen a change in my writing this past week? You can leave a comment here.
Don't Miss a Single Post!
Enter your email address to receive new content each week.