– it's a great title, because that is what will be asked of each reader/listener. David Platt
will challenge your thinking, he will challenge your actions, and he will call you to move
(outside of your comfort zone).
I have never listened
to a book thru an app interface
, but it is simple and easy to use and best of all it remembers where you left off. David Platt
challenges the listener to think about simple changes we can make in our own lives that will extend our Kingdom impact. For example – what if you gave up one Starbucks coffee a day for one month and gave that money to someone in need. Simple acts that open doors for you to share
He challenges you with understanding the very tenants you believe about your own faith, how you live out that faith, and how we can be less dependent upon american consumerism. We all have clothes hanging in our closet that we might think about wearing years from now – the question is – what would happen if you just gave them away?
At the end of the book, he challenges you to do the Radical Experiment during a one year period:
- Pray for the entire world – great resource – Operation: World
- Read thru the entire Bible in a year
- Sacrifice your money for a specific cause or organization – we usually give of our excess, convenient, easy — this challenges us to forgo something we want to give to someone who needs it more
- Spend your time somewhere, where you normally would not – overseas missions, homeless shelter, etc.
- Commit to multiplying people who will enter the Kingdom — reach the broken and the lost.
If you take the Radical Experiment to heart, imagine what God could do in and through you. This book will rock your world! Be expectant. Be transformed. Be ready for God to use you!
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from christianaudio as part of their Audio Book Review program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Don't Miss a Single Post!
Enter your email address to receive new content each week.