It seems like our Easter experiences came and went like a rushing wind. Our Easter week seemed like a massive setup and take down after each of our different experiences.
As I reflect on the Good Friday experience , a couple of things come to mind:
- No welcome – our experience began with music and then pushed forward
- In the Round – our environment was centered around the cross
- Identification – three vignettes – Christ in garden, the adulterous recalling Christ's forgiveness, and the Centurion changed by the experience of nailing Christ to the cross
- Communion – “This is my body broken for you” — “This is my blood poured out for you” — “Do this in rememberence of me” — hard to forget what Christ did when you are staring at the cross
- Prayer – take your burdens to the cross and leave them there
Did you meet Jesus this past weekend? For the first time? For renewal? Your story will be different then mine, but I hopet that it was was a great evening of reflection for you.
Don't Miss a Single Post!
Enter your email address to receive new content each week.