I am so torn between wanting the iPad and waiting. I think I will probably breakdown and get one for the following reasons (you may or may not agree with me):
- Books: I am eclectic reader. In my pre-Kindle days – I put a ton of books into my bag during travel, because I didn't know what I would feel like reading. Now, its usually just my Kindle and me on travel along with my work items.
- Wi-Fi: Recently, I was on a flight offering free wi-fi. Now that we can connect to all things web on a flight, posting blog items, reading Google Reader, Tweeting and whatever else I want to do will look much nicer on a larger screen.
- Bible – I have been reading through the Bible more and more on my iPod Touch because of the reading plans. This will look a whole lot nicer on a bigger screen as well as adding content. Also, carrying this electronic Bible to church will be interesting as well as for adding notes (in theory at least).
- Email: Having a near full-size keyboard at my fingertips will be nice for answering the email.
- Presentations: I don't do a lot of formal presentations for my job. Last year, I presented at an internal Facilities Conference and used a borrowed Apple Macbook Pro to do it. This would be a smaller, more slimline device to bring to conferences and for presenting with the new Apple Keynote for the iPad from the App Store.
These may not be rock solid solutions, but its worth trying them out to see how well they really work.
Why do you want an iPad and how will you use it?
Don't Miss a Single Post!
Enter your email address to receive new content each week.