Max Lucado (@maxlucado) has done it again with his latest release – Fearless. Our society is surrounded by fear at every turn. Max provides helpful guidelines to point us to the one source of strength – Jesus Christ. The disciples constantly had to learn this lesson, we have to constantly learn this lesson.
Here are some highlights:
- “What if faith, not fear, was your default reaction to threats?”
- When Jesus stills the storms of our life, it has power and meaning
- Jesus did not promise us smooth sailing when we became believers, there will be some rocky seas
- “Fear corrodes our confidence in God's goodness”
- “Fear itself is not sin, but it can lead to sin”
- “Jesus loves us too much to leave us in doubt about his grace”
Max points out that there are several fears we face – from the “fear of not mattering” to the “fear of worst-case scenarios” to our “fears of our final moments” to the finality of “global calamity“. Each time, he points us right back to passages in scripture that provide us comfort and peace, strength and encouragement. Jesus sends the Spirit to indwell us, to guide us and that should give us hope. Fear creeps in around every corner, but there is a remedy, it is Christ and Christ can remove all of our doubts and fears if we let him. The discussion guide at the end will serve as a great small group or individual bible study, which is worth the price of the book. Pick this book up today, it was one that you will want to refer back to when you have doubts.
Don't Miss a Single Post!
Enter your email address to receive new content each week.