I am finally catching up on some Business Week tidbits that I found:
- New chairs, focused on colloboration, at a good price point from Steelcase, Haworth, & Izzy are being introduced this year.
- Telecommuting continues to be at the forefront of companies looking to offer better work/life options – for telecommuting to work, managers have to trust their employees
- Daniel Pink‘s new book – The Adventures of Johnny Bunko – is a fantastic read. Check out thoughts here & here. Great career advice in simple to understand terms.
- According to the article, 50 minutes is the average round-trip commute for most people. Companies are doing more to promote alternative commute options such as buses equipped w/wi-fi. Some companies are seeing a spike of 40% in bus commuters as gas prices continue to rise.
- Too many emails on the weekend? What about the office chatter? Some companies are sending out a pop-up reminder to give it a rest. Check out the articles here.
- Face-time is still key when developing key contacts.
- As much as some companies don't want to admit it, collaboration is becoming more a part of the way we do business. Here are some interesting stats – check it out here!
Don't Miss a Single Post!
Enter your email address to receive new content each week.