As I get older, and more present in my career, I realize that there are certain things I do really well, and other things I need to delegate to others. Here are a few things about me:
- Big Picture / Visionary — I get burned out real quick during the maintenance of things
- Research — I love research – how does it benefit us
- Teaching / Mentoring — I love coaching & bringing others along
- Brainstorming / Creativity — Throw out your wildest ideas and let's see what we can make of them
- Encouragement — Let me help you get there
All of these things allow me to excel and to demonstrate the best of who I am. When I get trapped in the maintenance of things, I start to become lethargic and stutter like a car that needs maintenance. I need a daily or weekly creative session where I can collaborate with other "big thinkers".
What are the big questions? How do employees collaborate today? What about 2 or 5 or 10 yrs from now? How can we use technology to streamline processes? How can you coach someone into their next role and set them up as your successor? Who is mentoring me and investing me, and who am I investing in and mentoring to take my place? No one wants to think that they are replaceable, but the truth is for our own growth we need to find our successor – who is yours?
Don't Miss a Single Post!
Enter your email address to receive new content each week.