(Old Post from 2007)
As we have now successfully set foot in the New Year my thoughts turn to the notion of the resolutions most people set for themselves. Looking back I realize that resolutions are not what I am seeking but rather it is goals for the New Year. Last year I completed my Master’s Degree which was huge goal as well as started a couple of bible studies for the high school guys, helped implement a creative planning team at church and initiate contact for bringing a business seminar to our church. In addition, I dropped nearly 20 minutes off of my 10K goal time for a trail race, and most important was developing a quiet time in the morning with God.
As for 2007, the goals include the following:
• Maintaining and growing in my relationship with God
• Helping guys to go deep and develop accountability
• Write a book on coaching and mentoring
• Develop and grow meaningful relationships
• Expect God’s blessings
• Lose weight and beat times from last year’s trail races
That about covers this year, but as I look ahead I ask that God will give me wisdom and strength as I pursue God’s best for my life.
Don't Miss a Single Post!
Enter your email address to receive new content each week.